Students at the 8th grade level and above are welcome to join our Confirmation Class, which meets Monday evenings, from 7 to 8 p.m. There are 12 class sessions and other activities, including a retreat at Silver Lake Conference Center in February. The class is led by Pastor Clare and Karlee Etter.
Our teachers for the 7th and 8th graders are Alex Roman, Jennifer McCleery and Phil Ross . For the whole school year, Alex, Jennifer, and Phil will meet with the 7th and 8th graders during regular worship for an innovative program based on scripture, prayer and community building.
Inquires? Please call Pastor Clare.
Goals of the Confirmation Program
Goals for Confirmands
- To help prepare our young people to make the decision to say “yes” to their baptism.
- To help young people develop a real and relevant relationship with the God of Jesus Christ.
- To help young people connect faith with everyday actions choices and practices.
- To grow in relationship with God and one another through fellowship, learning and service.
- To understand that faith in God is a journey of a lifetime and that Confirmation is and important step in that journey.
- To be ready to take that step by saying “yes”, I want to be confirmed.
Goals for Parents
- To think about your own relationship with God, your church experiences, and your faith and share these with your child.
- To be open to questions that your child might have during their confirmation journey.
- To treat Confirmation as you would school, sports music or art, and encourage and support your child in the Confirmation process.
- The Bible
- Holy Spirit
- Baptism and Communion
- Saints (Faithful people in our church)
- Christianity and Other Religions
- Life of the Spring Glen Church
- Church History & Denominational History
- The Faith Journey continues