Worship is the Practice. Love is the Aim.
THEOLOGY – 1 John 4 “God is Love”
We encourage a diversity of belief & thought, but here are some theologies you will likely encounter at Spring Glen Church:
All People are Made in God’s Image (He/She/They). All means ALL.
We Strive to be Followers of Christ’s Way, Embodying God’s Ever-Expanding Love.
The Spirit Inspires, Guides, Challenges, Connects Us to God’s Wisdom.
Critical Thinking is Encouraged, Especially When Engaging With Scripture.
Scripturally-Grounded Faith Calls Us to Care About Worldly Inequities.
We Take Our Faith Seriously Without Taking Ourselves Too Seriously.
INCLUSIVITY & ACCESSIBILITY – Romans 12 “One Body. Many Members”
Christ Modeled An Inclusivity So Effusive That It Infuriated The Pious. That’s Our Model. Intersectional LGBTQIA+ Affirmation
Accessible Facilities (Bathrooms & Elevators, Seating & Hearing)
Child-Inclusive Model: All Ages & Age-Specific Opportunities
STYLE – Micah 6:8 “Do Justice. Love Mercy. Move Humbly With Your God.”
- clergy led & volunteer run
- scripturally Christ-centered with interfaith engagement
- deep discipleship with hearty skepticism
- thoughtful intentionality with Spirit-led flexibility
- inwardly focused spirituality with outwardly focused applications to serve our neighbors
- joy-filled, boisterous creativity with peaceful contemplation
- didactic with experiential
- comforting assurances with stirring challenges
- ancient truths with contemporary context
- individual with relational
- self-discovery with empathy
- age-specific development with intergenerational connections
- hearty pipe organ, contemplative choir, rousing congregational hymns, secular rock turned sacred, adorably chaotic kids, European classical, African American spiritual, modern praise, and more
- known ways with new ways of being church.
SUNDAY MORNING – Isaiah 55:12 “Go Out In Joy. Be Led Back In Peace.”
Communion First Sundays of the Month
A Typical Sunday Morning Schedule…
9am Lectionary Bible Study for Adults
9am All Ages Pick Up Choir Rehearsal
9:45am Toddler Care Opens
10am Worship Begins
10:15am After Children’s Time, Pre-Schoolers Through 5th Grade go to Sunday School
11:15am BYOMug Fellowship Hour
CAMPFIRE WORSHIP – Exodus 3 “Aflame Not Consumed”
First Sundays 4-6pm Fellowship, Discussion, Worship, S’mores Communion
CONTEMPLATIVE PRAYER & MEDITATION – Psalm 46 “Be Still & Know”
Third Mondays 7:30-8:30pm Hybrid, Meditation followed by group sharing
Weekly Wednesdays 9:15-9:30am a brief midweek group meditation online
SPECIAL HOLIDAY SERVICES
Advent Contemplative Prayer Service, Christmas Eve 4pm & 11pm, Maundy Thursday Tenebrae, Good Friday Stations of the Cross Labyrinth, Easter Sunrise, Easter Communion
Our Online Worshippers include at least 10 states, 5 countries, and 3 continents!
From Oklahoma & Texas, to North Carolina & Maine.
From Canada to England to South Africa.
Each person a beloved part of our church family!
We strongly encourage our online participants to comment so we know you’re with us.
SGC Adult Choir – All Ages Pick Up Choir – Handbell & Chime Choirs – PickUp Band
Godspell Sunday March 2021
A Virtual Worship Experience